- When did your running career start? Officially in June of 2010!
- Did you have a goal set in place, like to lose weight or get more physical? Yes, to lose weight, because I was not losing it through dieting, and I could not control my eating. Getting older, I needed something I could help keep the weight off. I found Social Running and love it!
- Have you had a bad experience(s) running? If so, what brought you back? Not really. I have tried to keep a positive attitude at any race, even when pouring down rain. It's all about the attitude, because running is an individual sport. You have to pull from within for most of it. And runners are awesome; seldom, so seldom, have I run into a runner who is not pleasant to be around, and I just do not hang around that person in the future.
- What is your favorite thing(s) to eat before a race? I usually like to eat steel cut oats! Yum! Or a protein drink with some FBX and other proteins.
- Do you follow a running plan? Yes. I have found Run Like a Mother Training Plans to be the best! Very versatile, dynamic, and motivating. OH!
- Which race have you a great/fun time at and why? I love Blooms to Brews Half Marathon & 10K. The course was amazing, the scenery, the overall flatness, the great expo afterwards. Plus the venue area was so scenic too.
- What motivates you? Social Running. I am a Social Sole (hahaha pun intended!). I thrive off the energy of the crowds. I love wearing costumes to races too! And running in groups. Group runs are amazing! I love being a pacer too.
- What is your favorite quote? #1. If you never try, you will never know. #2. The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible. - Arthur C. Clarke